Tawny Owls Year 4 2023 - 2024
Year 4 teacher
Welcome back Tawny Owls!
I hope you have all had a lovely half term! We only have a short half term before Easter and have a lot of exciting learning to squeeze in! We also have World Book day coming up on 7th March. Thank you for all of the brilliant entries for 'Reading in an unusual place'. We will enjoy sharing these together on World Book Day.
Who will be helping me learn?
Miss Kennedy will be teaching Tawny Owls, along with the support of Mrs Henderson to carry out interventions and Mrs Austin will be teaching on Thursday afternoons.
What will we be learning this half term?
A few things to remember
- Our school day starts at 8:40 - where our morning learning challenges begin.
- Our school day finishes at 15:15.
- Reading books and reading records must be brought into school every day.
- This term, P.E. lessons will take place on Monday and Thursday afternoons. Please make sure that your child brings in the correct P.E. kit and trainers every Monday morning.
- Some PE lessons will be taught outside so it is advisable that children still bring warm tracksuit joggers, a zip-up hoodie or jumper in their P.E kit. Please make sure that all P.E clothing is labelled clearly.
- Please ensure that you come to school with a warm, waterproof coat every day.
- Please ensure all school uniform and equipment including coats, bags, water bottles and shoes are clearly labelled to prevent any lost items during the term.
What Homework and Home Learning is expected?
- A homework challenge is set weekly and will be linked to the topical or themed learning taken place in school that week.
- All homework is set on a Friday through our online platforms.
- All homework is to be completed by the following Wednesday.
- There will be ongoing times table challenges set on TTRockstars that you can complete independently at home.
- 10 – 15 minutes home reading every day is expected which will help develop your confidence as a Cuddington Reader and help you meet lots of new characters, authors and visit so many new places within new stories, adventures and real-life events.
Parent reminders and key messages home
- To keep up to date with what is happening in our class, make sure you regularly check our school's Twitter feed.
- Should you have any queries, please feel free to book an appointment with myself via the school office, or please feel free to contact me via email firstname.lastname@example.org
What an exciting start to 2024 it is going to be for us all in Tawny Owls. I can't wait to see what our Spring term has in store for us!
Year 4 Tawny Owl's Class Teacher
Files to Download
Tawny Owls Year 4: News items
There are no News items to display
Tawny Owls Year 4: Blog items
There are no blog items to display
Tawny Owls Year 4: Gallery items
There are no Gallery items to display
Tawny Owls Year 4: Events items
There are no Events items to display