Tawny Owls Year 4 2022 - 2023
Hello Tawny Owls and welcome back to you all after your half term holiday. I hope you have had a wonderful Autumn break. After such a successful and very productive first half term, I am sure you are feeling ready and very excited for the next chapter; a brand new half term together...
Please see below all the information you need for this brand-new term.
What will we be learning in Autumn 2?
Here is what is planned!
Below is the new overview of our Autumn 2, Year 4 curriculum and content. Here you can see all the exciting topics we will be learning about in our second hlaf term. What are you most looking forward to?
Who will be helping me learn this half term?
Nothing has changed for Autumn 2 - Mrs Potter and Mrs Austin will continue teaching Tawny Owls for this half term!
- Mrs Potter (Class Teacher) Monday, Tuesday, Thursday morning and Friday.
- Mrs Austin (Class/ Cover Teacher) Wednesday and Thursday Afternoon
- Mrs Henderson (Teaching Assistant Support)
What will my day look like?
To help you feel organised, here is our class timetable. We have so many wonderful new topics including Crime and Punishment and Light it up (Electricity).
This new timetable can help you remember some important days. Sometimes we have special days or events which might mean a little change to our timetable. If there are any little changes along the way, we will keep it updated so that you can see and feel prepared.
What do I need to remember?
- PE kits: Our class PE day is Thursday and Friday.
- Please ensure you have the correct PE kit and trainers and that all your belongings are labelled clearly with your name.
- Winter PE kit (this inclues zip up jacket, tracksuit bottoms, hat and gloves and trainers).
- Reading books (and reading records if provided with one) must be brought to school every day.
- Our school day starts at 8:40.
- Our school day finishes at 15:15.
What Homework and Home Learning is expected?
- Reading, English and Maths homework is set weekly.
- All homework is set on a Friday through our online platforms.
- All homework is to be completed by Wednesday.
- There will be ongoing times table challenges set on TTRockstars that you can complete independently at home.
- 10 – 15 minutes home reading every day will help develop your confidence as a Cuddington Reader and help you meet lots of new characters, authors and visit so many new places within new stories, adventures and real-life events.
- Week 2 - Parents Consultation Evening (November 8th and 10th)
- Novermber 10th - KS2 Cross Country
Further Autumn 2 dates (including Christmas celebrations) are to be released shortly and shared via school website and school spider so please do keep a look out!
Reminders and key messages home
- To keep up to date with what is happening in our class, make sure you regularly check our school's Twitter feed.
- Should you have any queries, please feel free to book an appointment with myself or contact me via school or email.
What an exciting term it is going to be for us all in Tawny Owls. I can't wait to begin our second chapter together as Year 4 in Tawny Owls!
Tawny Owls’ Class Teacher
Quality of Education
Personal Development Lead
Deputy Safeguarding Lead
Why not look back at what we have already done so far this year....
What will we be learning in Autumn 1?
Here is an overview of our Year 4 curriculum and content. Here you can see all the exciting topics we will be learning about. What are you most looking forward to?
Files to Download
Tawny Owls Year 4: News items
Tawny Owls Year 4: Blog items
There are no blog items to display
Tawny Owls Year 4: Gallery items
There are no Gallery items to display
Tawny Owls Year 4: Events items
There are no Events items to display